Friday, January 21, 2005

It's chilly. Let's have some chili...

This is going to be a short one. I haven't posted in the last few days as I've been dang tired.

I must say that this has been almost a true Michigan winter. It's been pretty darn cold and we've gotten a fair amount of snow this year. It seems like we've gotten a lot more of the white stuff this year than we have been. Although it snowed last year I think it snowed fewer times and stuck around longer because of the cold. I think we've had more active snow days which just makes it seem like a real winter.

I mad a big-ass pot of chili the other day. I'm thinking of naming it "Asses Ablaze Chili" or "Assquatch". I've been toying with the idea of using the word "Assquatch" for something, but I've discovered that it's already been trademarked. Damn! I don't follow any recipe for the chili and it's a little different every time, but it's always good and HOT! I didn't think it was that hot until I offered some to someone once and they started to tear up. Sometimes I'll tear up myself and develop a runny nose. The meat ingredients always change, but I always use lots of spices. This batch was not quite as hot as usual, but tasty enough. Some of the things I did use were cumin seeds, cumin, 4 jalepenos, guajillo chili powder, arbol chili powder, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, chili powder, Sambal Olek, a dozen cloves of garlic, 2 chipotle peppers, adobo, crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, beef stock, lime juice, black beans, a large onion, a whole green pepper, cinnamon, oregano, basil, and Valrhona chocolate. Good stuff but it makes for a brutal week.

Dubya was sworn in again today. That really sucks! A lot!

My parents informed me that my aunt in Switzerland has been reading my blog. Apparently she's requested more details about Australia. I've decided to write about my trip in detail. I'm going to write about it one day at a time, but I'm going to space each day out a bit. I'll post about Day One tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Some of my good friends are leaving for a cruise on Saturday. I'd like to wish them an amazing and safe trip. Enjoy the sun, y'all.

Cheers,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home