Sunday, December 11, 2005

The man, the myth, the flaming legend...

Richard Pryor, F'ing Comedic Genius, died yesterday at the age of 65 of a heart attack. He had also been suffering with multiple sclerosis. Perhaps the burden of being one of the funniest people on the planet was too much for him.

When I was a kid I saw lots of the edited versions of his films and absolutely loved them. Stir Crazy, Which Way is Up?, The Toy, Brewster's Millions, Blue Collar, Silver Streak, and more. It wasn't until later that I heard the full-on filthy comic magic spewing out of is dirty mouth. Genius! Pure genius! I never had cable as a kid so I was a little late catching stuff like Richard Pryor: Live in Concert, Richard Pryor: Live and Smokin', or even Eddie Murphy Raw. He blazed a trail (pun intended?) for countless comedians and actors...

I was always hoping for a reunion movie with Gene Wilder, but I guess it's too late.

This honky is going to miss him...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home